Arrived in Arizona

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

pat taylor

Arrived in Arizona

Post by pat taylor »

We arrived in Arizona on Saturday. Two and one-half days of driving a Penske truck, with no cruise control, and a lousey AM/FM radio. It is good to read the chat line and see that the water sailing season is starting. I have been pretty busy, but as soon as I score a good session on Lake Pleasent, I will post it. The weather here has been really nice. I have a small pool, so I have been in the water. Have a good sailing season. Pat.
Mike G.

Post by Mike G. »

Heh Pat, we're gonna miss ya this year :cry: . I did a search to
find out a bit about Pleasant.. that's a HUGE lake. What are
the prevaling winds like?
steveb

Post by steveb »

Pat, we want to know when the best winds are, how much you are going to charge for floor space?.
At least living in a sunny area you might be able to get a decent tan at last, you always looked so white!.
Don't be a stranger, good luck!.
pat taylor

Post by pat taylor »

Steve: You and Nancy, or for that matter, anyone is welcomed to stay here any time you want. Although I assume most people would pick the winter months. I have not sailed Pleasent Lake yet, but I stayed there once, and sailors were sailing it. That day the wind was out of the NE. Talking to the sailors, it sounded a lot like sailing da Bear. There are other lakes(reservoirs) in the area. The Phonex sailors have a web site like Minnesot, but there is not much activity on it. I hope that is not a sign of the sailing activity. I alreadyl miss the sailors and sailing activity in Minnesota, and I have not even been gone a week. Pat.
t

All the best Pat!

Post by t »

Just read about your big move amigo! Hope you can handle all that awesome sunshine and perfect golfing conditions. Maybe I'll see you on your next Padre visit or better yet someday in the Gorge or Maui.-Cheers long lost friend, Teran
Jim N

Desert Dog

Post by Jim N »

Glad you made it safely! Look forward to hearing some wind reports and adventures in your new land. Heck, we're getting Pacific reports complete w/ Maui-speak...why not Desert Dune drama? Here are some fun things in that vicinity: Visit Arcosanti outside Sedona..See a Blue Man Group Concert in Vegas...Taleisin West/Scotsdale...Canyon de Chely...The Hopi Mesas...and Cochina Artisans...Oh yea, find some Kite buggy freaks....Hope You & Robyn have lotsa FUN :!: