Pete: did you sail out of Pepin, WS (with Erik D.) or did you sail the Magic Carpet Ride at Billsby?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Pete: did you sail out of Pepin, WS (with Erik D.) or did you sail the Magic Carpet Ride at Billsby?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hey Pete: Did you sail out ofPepin, WI. on Sunday or sail the Carpet Ride at Byllsby with the West wind?

Myself, I sailed late Sunday Afternoon (after some more Plum. projects at the Cabin). I got on the water

around 5:30 pm....I wore a N-95 (because I was not going to fall in) and I wanted to keep the Smoke out of my lungs (worked great for one hour) and rode a 6.3 sail and Formula board. I was overpowered, but stayed with it.

I DID fall in once and right under my sail... Because of the tight fitted mask I did not take in a breath and it was a little strange, dangerous and scarey?

Well, I got out of that situation,,,mask completely soaked and not able to breath now that maskit was wet,,so I ripped it off (stashed it in my pocket) and the smoke was gone! Out of the bluffs, just clean 20 mph wind come down the channel from the west. This was a Great sailing sesh?

Again, Pete, did you sail Carpet Ride or Pepin? I know Eric D. was in Pepin, but I didn't ask who he sailed with.

Quetzalcoatl out.