Sunday, Closing the gap in the gust on a 7.5 M. at Clear Lake, Pete was that you on Ezzy 6.3?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sunday, Closing the gap in the gust on a 7.5 M. at Clear Lake, Pete was that you on Ezzy 6.3?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Sunday, June 11th, cooler weather, Winds 17 t0 25 out of N-NW. I launched from the Lekwa Marsh Access. Whitecaps coming straight into the narrow
ramp access. I had to do short tacks (in the narrow channel) to get out into open water.
When I arrived, I saw one windsurfer, Three kiters and one Wingsurfer, (maybe that was Clear Lake local Marty?)

Since the windsurfer on the 6.3 meter (around 2:30 in the afternoon) had some Schlogging moments and Good gust moments, I decided to rig 7.5 Ezzy.

This worked out "pretty good" with Tabou Rocket 125 liter. I was planning and closing the gap the whole time, (As long I stayed in the "Line of Wind").

Ya know, this was the only place withing 200 miles with wind. So, It WAS a good afternoon!

Again, Pete was that you?

Quetzalcoatl out.