Windsurf season Begins! (Fall quarter)!!!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Windsurf season Begins! (Fall quarter)!!!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hey Windsportsters:

The "REAL" windsurf/Kiteboard/Foilboard season is JUST getting started!

This weekend (Sat. and Sun) and next Tues. and Wens. there is stuff in the air that sails and kites will be able to grab to propel you at

massive speeds!

Again the best conditions maybe in the South and Southwest parts of the State of Minnesota. But,,be sure to check (and maybe even wait) to check forecasts

close to departing for the lake. Check the weather in the morning before going. This will give you the most accurate forecast.

I (Quetzalcoatl, "The Legend") will be sailing either Fairmont, Mankato area, Round Lake, (that lake is SO round), Faribault or Clear Lake, IA, or Worthington.

All good sites in the Southland of MN. I'm not sure yet, because the most accurate forecast will be the one I check just as I'm leaving home. I think Clear Lake, IA will hang on to

rain to end of the day (but this can all change tomorrow morning). Out west the Rain ends earlier (around 11:00am) and the rain miraculously "turns" into ......(I won't say it) "you say in your head."
Fairmont stops raining at around 1:00 as does Mankato area. No rain on Sunday.

Dust off your wind gear and enjoy Minnes0ta land of one hundred thousand lakes! You know that 10,000 lakes statement is not accurate. We really have many more. We're just being modest. That's the Minneosotan Way.

This is Quetzalcoatl, and I approved this message.

"Windsurfing on the Rise" (Kiteboarding and certainly hydrofoiling too).
Randy

Re: Windsurf season Begins! (Fall quarter)!!!!!

Post by Randy »

Great heads up! Yes, this week will be one to remember. Looking forward to this afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hope you had a good session yesterday in SW Mn. Wind was just too junky yesterday for me, even on foil. Sure hoping these forecasts hold. This morning when I woke, most forecasts were still holding for high of 39 with snow on Thursday. Three hours later, they adjusted to next Saturday for the cold weather. It must be really hard for meteorologists these days.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com