"I am Maximus Decimus Meridus,commandr of the Armies of Nor

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

"I am Maximus Decimus Meridus,commandr of the Armies of Nor

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Wow! Isn't that cool! Now that I've got your attention...(yes, it's from the Movie "Gladiator").

This in the the arena at the Coliseum in Ancient Rome,,,when "the gladiator" is ordered to take off his helmet and says,

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridus", "Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, and Loyal servant

to the True Empeor, Marcus Aurelius." "Father to a murdered son and husband to a murdered wife." Russel Crowe at his best!

But he later did a Sailing ship story movie....What was it called? He was The Captain of a HMS British Navel ship (around 1814?)?

Who knows the name of that movie? P.S. Oh, by the way, "There shall be windsport swaps this spring....at a location near you!"

Windsurfing on the Rise!

Quetzalcoatl out.
Del Carpenter

Re: "I am Maximus Decimus Meridus,commandr of the Armies of

Post by Del Carpenter »

"Master and Commander" is what I think is the name of the movie asked about.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: "I am Maximus Decimus Meridus,commandr of the Armies of

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

YOU are correct sir!

Quetzalcoatl out.