KONA WORLDS Florida 2018

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

SteveJ

KONA WORLDS Florida 2018

Post by SteveJ »

Kelly & I had a great time in Clearwater Florida at the Kona Worlds last week. We did not go to try and finish at the top but just have a great time with like minded people from all over the world. Below are some links to show you what you missed and hope to encourage some of the local sailors to join us at some of the events closer to Mpls and hopefully at one of the next World Championships. You don't even have to own a Kona board to compete and have fun.

Dasher's Videos from the 1st two days show the biggest wind and wave conditions and the other days show much lighter winds making for a great mix of conditions making it a great event for finding out who can excel in all conditions. For those who don't think we got enough windy days this last season Kona racing is a great way to get out on the water and have a challenging fun time even in light wind. There were many young sailors and women in Florida and we need more of that here. All you guys out there with families need to introduce your wives and kids to fun windsurfing.

Steve & Kelly

** Sorry I tried to copy and paste some links from an email sent out by Kona but could not figure out how to do it on LAKAWA. This message is not quite what was intended without the news and video links I was hopping to pass along but decided not to delete it.
Matt V

Re: KONA WORLDS Florida 2018

Post by Matt V »

NICE!!!!

Good to hear that the Kona's are still alive and well. Too bad about the Dam Jam getting canceled this year. Only made it out once on a windsurfer this year (same board, Mistral "Pacifico", as in that other 'evil' thread). Only lasted about 1hour. That is 20minutes longer than wakeboarding. 4 hours less than kiteboarding......out ta shape for windsurfing.
Professor Robae'

Re: KONA WORLDS Florida 2018

Post by Professor Robae' »

Nice Steve! Those are great videos from Dasher. I do hope to get out on the Kona more in the future - See you out there!