Open water report update please

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Chummers

Open water report update please

Post by Chummers »

I don't believe we'll have any open water we can sail/kite on around the metro area anytime soon, but any updates of open water would be appreciated. I'd happily drive to Swede if that were the only option.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Open water report update please

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

To the man born in Madrid: (Don Quijote?)

If you want open Water,,,Lot's of Wind on Friday (25 mph!) you know where you have to go!

Clear Lake, IA. (Friday, at the Hatchery) for S-SE wind.

Saturday, Nada!!

Sunday, pretty good wind 18 mph. (Oh, yes, Lake Pepin is open....but not much wind in the forecast). It's hard sometimes to get wind down in that deep Lake Pepin valley.

Those bluffs, at nearly 500 ft high in some places do have the tendency to block the wind (sometimes).

Quetzalcoatl out.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

south shore (state beach) continues to receded - I called a bait shop 2 days ago and they said "come one down!" Musky tournament on Saturday but not so much wind. considering a Sun-Tue vacation :)

https://sites.google.com/site/clearlakeiowawebcam/
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

A little birdie told me that Waconia is open. Have not see with my own eyes but trusted source.
speedsailor93

Post by speedsailor93 »

I can confirm Waconia opened up this morning. Some broken ice at DNR launch but expect that will clear in next couple of hours.