Today's topic: "Grunge board" VS. "Beauty board."

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Today's topic: "Grunge board" VS. "Beauty board."

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

On a sailing day like Saturday, March 3, 2018 it'll be good to use a "more used beater board" (a "Grunge board")

then a nice mint condition pretty board for windsurfing in really grimmy dirty, gritty and maybe hitting chunks of ice and muddy conditions.

Thus, I won't be using my multi-pretty colored JP all ride 96 liter board. (which I bought from SxS windsurf shop in Mankato). Instead I'll use an old techno 150 or 148 liter board. Might even condsider using the two bolt deep tuttle fin box techno that uses two screws in the weed fin. The two screw fin is stronger then single fin when running into ice bergs (ice flows).

I, one time (windsurfing on New Year's eve) near Wacouta Beach on Mississippi ( and near Nuklear Power Plant) keeps water from freezing longer than most places, well I hit an iced over
submerged tree trunk at a mildly planning speed (in the dark) and I got thrown off the board but NOTHING happened to the two screw fin, nor any harm to fin box!

So,,,have a grunge boad ready for those grungy days.

Quetzalcoatl out. Oh,,,my pretty JP board stands upright in front of the Mirror in my house and I look at it all the time instead of seeing myself in the mirror. I hope when we get nuking
winds I get to try it out!