SXS Windsurfing was at Padre Island

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Schmidty721

SXS Windsurfing was at Padre Island

Post by Schmidty721 »

We made the Thanksgiving haul back to Padre Island again this year. Chad arrived in late October and I headed south Nov. 15th. Our parents were also down there staying in a condo. This was the first adventure for my new windsurfing rig, a retired Ford ambulance! It's going to work out very nicely once I get the setup dialed in.

Chad had 7 straight days of 5.5m-6.5m sailing when he first arrived and warm temps!

My first day at Bird Island Basin (World Winds) was Friday, Nov 17th and we had a fantastic day of sailing. I rode my 6.5 Cheetah on the 138L Rocket Wide. Chad was also on a 6.5 Cheetah and was riding his new Severne Fox 120L.
The rest of the days blur together. I should have taken notes. I sailed all but two days from the 17th-25th, albeit two days on the water were just very light wind just slogging around and having fun. I sailed 5.5m-8.5m Ezzy sails and the Tabou Rocket Wide 138 and JP Fun Ride 110. We even tried setting the 'Ol Bic Techno up with a mini-foil fin. Results were inconclusive.

Our dad also made good progress sailing his Starboard Rio, becoming a master of using the harness and dialing in his tacks and jybes. He also completed some successful beach starts! Next summer he says the foot straps are going on the board. He got a taste of getting the board on plane and wants more!
Schmidty721

Re: SXS Windsurfing was at Padre Island

Post by Schmidty721 »

Photos.
Attachments
padre4.jpg
padre4.jpg (361.51 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
padre3.jpg
padre3.jpg (353.16 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
padre2.jpg
padre2.jpg (280.02 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
padre1.jpg