Sunday, June 19th at Cannon the wind was tasty, not the wter

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sunday, June 19th at Cannon the wind was tasty, not the wter

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Lake Cannon had about ten windsurfers out. South Wind was steady 20 and gusting to thirty.
I just stayed rigged on my Panther 6.3 meter,,most sailors on 5.2 to 6.0.
Five sailors (regulars) on Cannon...and we were graced with the presence of A mother and her adult son
who were windsurfing as well. I (Quetzalcoatl) "out did" myself by deliberately performing an amazing 2 foot jump off a wave! Pete G. was as usual getting thee times that in jumps and sometimes more!
I did not see any kiteboarders (at least while I was there).

How about a report from your lake?

On Sunday, June 19th:

Lake Onalaska: Mat? (report?)

Lake Waconia: Rob or Pat (report?)

Lake Calhoun: Chummers (report?) or anybody from any lake?
White Bear Lake: Hutch (report?)
Quetzalcoatl out.
Pat Heppert

Gettin' Wacky

Post by Pat Heppert »

Waconia was awesome on Sunday! I was a little scared by all the boat trailers in the parking lot, but all the boats were parked by the island, hiding from the wind. I was on a 5.8, which means most sane people were on about a 5.0. So much fun I didn't even stop for a break until the break........ My 30% carbon mast snapped just below the boom. It was a pretty indestructable mast, but may have seen a few too many wintertime freeskate crashes. I was about 1/2 mile out, made it most of the way back, then many thanks to Jim for towing me the rest of the way to shore with his kite. Very stoked to see such a large fleet of kites on the lake. Would have been a great day for pictures!