Where are people going on Thursday and Friday?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Piotr

Where are people going on Thursday and Friday?

Post by Piotr »

Anybody planning to kite or windsurf this Thursday or Friday? If so, when and where?

I was out on White Bear Lake a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome because the wind was great, but it was scary because I was alone. I would like to avoid being alone out on the water in this weather again, if possible, so if you are planning to go out, let me know where and when.

Thanks,

Piotr
Dave Z

Re: Where are people going on Thursday and Friday?

Post by Dave Z »

If you can make the drive I suspect there will be a good crew of hard cores out at Waconia. If my schedule works out that's were I'll be.
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

Dave:

Thanks a lot for your response. Which site? What time?

Is anybody going to windsurf at Lake Calhoun? It is a shorter drive for me.

I will probably try to make it to Waconia (or Calhoun if anybody is there). I really would prefer not to be out alone in this weather.

Piotr
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

Dave:

Thanks again for responding. It was fun yesterday to windsurf with other windsurfers and kiters around. After my lonely sessions at White Bear Lake I was surprised to see such a crowd at Waconia. I no longer feel alone with my passion to windsurf in this weather.

Piotr
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Glad you made the trip. Love Waconia in big W-NW winds. The West Side Boyz are always there and when it's crazy windy and cold the windsurfers usually outnumber the kite crew at the Wac. Regardless, the stoke is the same!
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Yes, another fine cold water session at the WAC! Having a Hillbilly hot tub (a cooler filled with hot water) really helps out with the feet! :wink: I hope we get some more!