Nancy.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

steveb

Nancy.

Post by steveb »

I think most of you know that Nancy past away in April. She was very very fond of a lot of the old crew, you know who you are.
Nancy hated funerals and didn't want one, she thought they're so negative. She asked that we have a celebration of her life, her friendships and the fun memories.
To all the old crew I wanted to make sure you know you're invited to her celebration, it's on June 27th at our house, starting a 2 pm. Casual fun clothing, there will be booze, there will be food, there will be music. I hope some of you can make it.
Steve.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Del Carpenter

Re: Nancy.

Post by Del Carpenter »

The memorial celebration she requested sounds similar to the memorial services conducted within the congregation I belong to. My brother's widow choose a similar memorial service for him. The pain of loss is not increased by a celebration of life.
Randy

Post by Randy »

Such a great turnout to memorialize Nancy's life from the music, kite, and windsurf community. Now I wish we would have taken photos of all who were there. I'll let someone from the kiting community fill in the names, but from the old guard windsurf community, it was great to see: Henry and Linda Wiznewski, Judd and Diane Nelson, Hardee, Dave Holmes, Craig and Jeannette Reed, Meri and Mike Gagan, Dean and Mary Rizer, Jay Corbett, Don Sprecht, Tim and Carrie Bell, Terry Dunklee, Mike Fox, Dennis (neighbor), Davin, Baskin and I'm currently brain lapsiing on others. Help me out someone.

On the kite side, Mike, Chris, Dennis, Tim, ???? Again, help me out.

I won't even begin to attempt the music friends. We all have such special memory of fun times shared with Nancy doing the things she loved. When her body couldn't do the sport she loved she put all that energy into music and gave us some images that will last forever...totally surrendered in joy to the next note. Every musician there experienced that, deeply touched by her authenticity and strength. Steve, thanks for honoring her and letting us participate.

The healing comes from sharing stories. If you've got one, please put it up. It helps us all. In the windsport community, we've shared such magic together and it's good food to revisit some of those times, some of those insights, as we all face the mystery of impermanence.

Steve, as we were leaving yesterday, your neighbor expressed a desire to make this an annual celebration. I'm sure there are many out there who had conflicts with the date who'd love to re-visit this memorial another day.

Yesterday was a good day. A healing day. A day I loved where we came together in times where it seems more and more difficult to do.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
steveb

Post by steveb »

It was lovely to see all of you, it had been too long.
A huge thank you to all who came to help celebrate, for me it was a very memorable afternoon and a delight to see old friends.
I hope to see you on the water again soon.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Steve,

I was looking at these forms today, something I don't do often any more, and read your post and was compelled to respond.

I will miss Nancy too. You and she showed me much kindness when I was starting out windsurfing and kiting. I particularly remember the day when you had a bunch of us come up to your lake and have a great time. We DID have a wonderful time. Thanks to Nancy and yourself for making that day memorable for many.

Peace,

-eric
Hank

Post by Hank »

Steve, you guy's ride two wheelers anymore?

Give me a heads up if you do, Wis has some great roads!

~Gary