Padre Over Thanksgiving?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Stroh

Padre Over Thanksgiving?

Post by Stroh »

Terry and I were talking about heading to SPI over Thanksgiving but I have never looked at the wind and weather that time of the year… I hear it can be pretty hit and miss.

What kind of weather should we expect to see down there in late November?
Jon Stroh
davepark

Re: Padre Over Thanksgiving?

Post by davepark »

Jon,

It can be hit or miss as mentioned. The past few years I was glad I had a wet suit with me as a cold front can change the water temp very quickly. Probably could have gotten by without it but it was nice to be warm and toasty on those days.
MK

Post by MK »

If you can all swing it there is a sweet demo happening Nov 14,15,16. I'll be catching this at the end of my regular fall surfari. As of yet there are a few spots open if you can join us. http://www.thekiteboarder.com/spikitexpo/
JimPat

Post by JimPat »

We spent 3 Thanksgivings there, and it is typically cold (50 -60 degrees), but you could luck out and have low 70s.
Jim & Patty
RV Team Riders
Waconia, SPI, Hood River
952-457-8939