Dawn patrol heaven

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Randy

Dawn patrol heaven

Post by Randy »

My favorite sessions at the Gorge have always been dawn patrol at the Hatchery or Swell. This morning, Forest Lake had a lot of that feel. Beautiful sunrise, steady 20mph wind, warm water/warm air, and just me and another fisherman on the water. Switching between the 11m Nomad kite and my 6.6M Loft windsurf rig, the conditions were perfect. I know we deserve nothing, but after the past few times out with my kite, I've had two failed drift launches to one successful one. Sure is nice when everything comes together. Hope you all can get out and get a piece of the NW'lys. Winds like we've had in mid-July are a rarity.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Bill S.

Re: Dawn patrol heaven

Post by Bill S. »

Hey Randy, so good to see that you're still "cross riding" both windsurfer and kite board ! I too still go back-and-forth between the two and this summer like you added SUP to the mix. Check out this 21 year-old from Maui, Kai Lenny, who is a pro-level surfer, tow-in surfer, windsurfer, kiteboarder and SUP rider:

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/wa ... alker.html
Randy

Re: Dawn patrol heaven

Post by Randy »

yes, quite amazing. he's such a great ambassador to all these water boardsports as these young riders continue to push the window past anything we could have imagined.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com