Anyone attempt the slay the wind beast today, Wednesday 2-26

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Drvermin

Anyone attempt the slay the wind beast today, Wednesday 2-26

Post by Drvermin »

I was wondering if anyone got out and rode today in the Twin City area? The winds were brutal and it had me thinking of giving it a try, but I decided against it. I would like to know if anyone went out and if so what did they ride and what did it feel like. I'm guessing it was a 4 or 6 Meter kite day but I did not measure the winds anywhere so that is just a spit ball estimate.
fabrino

Re: Anyone attempt the slay the wind beast today, Wednesday

Post by fabrino »

thought about it too.. but then chickened out.. :lol: :lol:
I thought the wind could have been possibly manageable with my 7 but..

i rode Fri and Sat so I was still pretty happy
ii the surface did not look that great (I know, this season we are spoiled..)
iii enough of the cold.. I am now waiting for those nice spring rides, when you can ride without gloves..

but i am also curious to see if anybody was out!!

ciao
f.
Drvermin

Post by Drvermin »

I have a brand new 4.5 RPM and 6 M RPM and I figured that one of them would work pretty good for those conditions. But alas, I too chickened out. I was out earlier in the week and it went so-so, thus I was not looking for another mediocre to bad session. I also really did not want to get hurt. I had an epic session on Saturday morning and I wanted to keep that glow going for a while longer.

I'm not going to the Crossing (my kid is in the Regionals for swimming this weekend) but I see the winds might be good for Turbine time on Saturday at Da Bear. My plan is to get out (if there is wind) and ride for a long, long stretch.
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

I hit WBL with Mike Winter. Mike was boosting some nice ones on his 8 Eclipse. I rode a 7 Caution and was happy enough near the ground.

Barry
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Yes, Cornboy & I went in the late afternoon SuperNuke on Minnetonka! Looking forward to the Crossing!