Keys at White Bear - somewhere out from Mahto beach.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Geo

Keys at White Bear - somewhere out from Mahto beach.

Post by Geo »

Just in case someone finds some with some Honda keys...

Helps to remember to ZIP that pocket. Thanks to Chad for the standing up snowmobile scout out. Just what he wanted to do after giving another excellent lesson, I'm sure.
Matt V

Re: Keys at White Bear - somewhere out from Mahto beach.

Post by Matt V »

The nice thing about a lake is that you can take a metal detector out there and not get false readings from metal in the ground.

I use a locking carabiner clipped to a sewn in loop in my zippered pocket. And, I have the pretty orange streamers coming off of both the house and vehicle keys in the winter time. Somehow, I can still loose my keys in my house.
Attachments
0210142338.jpg
0210142338.jpg (477.38 KiB) Viewed 1938 times
Drvermin

Re: Keys at White Bear - somewhere out from Mahto beach.

Post by Drvermin »

I got a trailer hitch lock from Master Lock so that I can lock a key in it and attach it to my trailer hitch. The only problem is that is is big, but not big enough to hold an electronic key for a 4-Runner. So I had to got get a normal key key cut at a locksmith and that fits into the lock. Then I hide the electronic key in my vehicle. Note, my locksmith told me to not use the normal key to drive the car because some of them get messed up doing that. Not sure if it is true or not.

This works particularly well in the summer in wet conditions in that now I have a regular key I can attach to me or carry in my pocket when I am boating, or I can lock it up in the trailer hitch lock. Either way I am covered and my electronic key is not exposed to water, especially salty water conditions.