Lower Whitefish Lake Launches

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

cericson01

Lower Whitefish Lake Launches

Post by cericson01 »

I will be staying in a cabin on the SE side of lower Whitefish later this week and it looks promising for wind to get out with the kite, right now it looks like a SE wind is likely, any thoughts on a launch for that direction?

Chris
Kevinousdigian

Re: Lower Whitefish Lake Launches

Post by Kevinousdigian »

I've stayed up in that area at boyd lodge numerous times and explored the entire whitefish chain for windsurfing and some for kiting. They are big beautiful lakes but unfortunately not publicly accessible launches for windsurfing much less kiting. Boyd lodge beach is great on a SSW, SW, W, NW, N, NNE. It's not public though... If you have a boat you could get to nice sandy places along N side of lower whitefish but may need your kite rigged ahead of time.

Your best bet may be Pelican Lake. Bryce - isn't there a way to get out of breezy point or a launch on west side of pelican? I've launched windsurfer there and can't remember if it was kiteable because that was before I switched to kiting. I know on E side I've kited from nice city beach that is along eastern shore towards the south. Shallow and sandy way out.

Good luck and post if you find something.

Kevin
Kevin Ousdigian
MK

Re: Lower Whitefish Lake Launches

Post by MK »

Here's another good quick reference link Bryce started back in 2007 of kiteable spots. Hit the Local Lakes tag in the top: http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=bd0 ... 3c24622314