Greetings from Maui

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Randy

Greetings from Maui

Post by Randy »

Dear friends in wind,
So great to see the talk about open water at Duluth. Coming back to Minnesota end of next week. Locals say this hasn't been a good year here, but for me, the wavesailing has been spectacular and Maui has definietely established a hold on Jane and I.
I've learned a lot about wavesailing and would be more than happy to share my limited knowledge on what I've found 'to work' and what 'doesn't work'. I've yet to find anyone who has taken a broader look at the subtle communications that goes on between riders and the elements when sharing the waves together in peace. Hopefully my learning can 'ease' some of the potential pain possible when moving through the various stages of waveriding.

We are coming back to Minnesota to sell our house on Forest Lake. It's on the third lake, seven miles from the west shore of the first lake. On a NW wind it's very similar to sailing from Mahtomedi Beach. Waist deep sand bottom goes out about 1/4 mile from the house. Year round sunsets are spectacular and this space has definitely been the highlight of our time in Minnesota. It's a half hour drive into the city, but for the four years we lived there I never was bothered by the drive knowing what I was going to. It's located at the end of a private road. We have our resident balk eagles, loons and osprey and I can honestly say that when on Maui I often look forward to returning to this magic space.
I mention it on this site before listing it because we'd very much like to see the house sold to someone who rides.
It's been fun to read the 'posts of passion' for winter riding and looking forward to hitting the water with you this summer.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Jim N

Welcome Back!

Post by Jim N »

Hey Randy, Looking forward to seeing you 'round the ol' pond, and hearing all about those Pacific waves...Hope to get out there next winter to check it out in person.... C U / H2O 8) JIM
pat taylor

Post by pat taylor »

Hi Randy and Jane: Robyn and I bought a house in Arizona and sold our house in Minnesota. We are moving to AZ. March 31, 2004. Sounds like your time in Maui was as good as it gets. Are you going to live in Maui year round, after you sell your house in Mn? I probably will not see you in Mn., but good luck with selling your house, and wherever you end up. Robyn and I still want to go to Maui for one month every year. So I will keep in touch. I could sleep in a tent at your place year round and be happy. I don't know if Robyn could. In regards to selling your house: I used Direct by Owner to sell my house. There is no realtor commission. You simply pay a $900 advertising cost and a $900 closing cost. If you want to know more about this company, call me or contact me on the net. My new address is: 11760 S. 175th Lane, Goodyear, Az., 85338 and my phone number is: 623-327-0230. Or you can e-mail me at vwgotaylor@aol.com. Sorry I will miss you on your return to Mn., but I am sure we will hook up in our travels. Pat.
SteveJ

Post by SteveJ »

Did not make it to Maui this year but planning to go next winter. Would love to get more info on what you learned about waveriding. I am hooked on wavesailing after a couple of trips to Maui and Cabarete. A 2-week vacation goes quick and being more prepared for the waves would be great.

Let us know a little more about your house for sale. Is there a discount for "riders"?

Hope to see ya on the water soon.

Steve and Kelly Johnson
Last edited by SteveJ on Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Randy

my parents are hunting for a new lake home, and being the good son that I am, I would love to forward them some information about the house...I mean, with it being so close to the cities I would be more easily able to "help" them enjoy the place.

you can email me at: mjn(at)mn.rr.com

thanks...
Jeff A

Post by Jeff A »

Randy and Jane,
Looks, like you timed it right for a visit, with temps in the low 60's all week.
Selling the Forest Lake Home? Hmm... we'd like to take a look, if we can get together while you're in town.
Give me a call when you get to town.

Jeff and Jane
hm 763 441-1521
cel 612 309-3429
Hank

Post by Hank »

Aloha. :lol:
Randy

Back in town

Post by Randy »

Hey all,
Just got back in town late last night. For those who've contacted me re: the house, I'll get on it this coming week. Looking forward to a great spring season. Randy
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com