This Sat Aug 24 looks AWESOME! Reddy?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevinousdigian

This Sat Aug 24 looks AWESOME! Reddy?

Post by Kevinousdigian »

For about 5 days the 10 day MRF has shown great S winds coming again this Saturday all over the state - similar or probably better than last Sunday. Get your honey do lists done.
I'm looking forward to riding Mille Lacs. :D
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
RobH

Re: This Sat Aug 24 looks AWESOME! Reddy?

Post by RobH »

2 August weekends in a row - sweet. Been waiting for Kevin's forecast and trying to determine the direction - seeing some good forecasts at Miltona as well. Looking to head somewhere Friday for long weekend of wind
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Rob your plan to drive west friday is good as that will get you into much better wind than eastern side of state. Sat should be good all over and then Sunday will still be decent in SE part of state earlier in day. Winds may be SSE Friday out west, S in southern mn sat and sunday and N MN may be going more SE as the day goes on Sat.
Kevin Ousdigian
RobH

Post by RobH »

What a great weekend! Ottertail had its share of wind on Saturday, started on the 12m, quickly went down to the 10m and still overpowered at times. Great pics from Jim and the crew at Reddy so I know that was fun as well.

Kevin - do you see any wind for the long laborday weekend ? Fingers crossed
Rob Hyland
Geo

Post by Geo »

quote: "Great pics from Jim and the crew at Reddy ..."

where did they post them?
RobH

Post by RobH »

The pics are on Facebook kiters group
Rob Hyland
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

I had a blast at Reddy. Nice rock steady higher teens all afternoon and then as usual the wind really racheted up after about 5 to mid 20s. The evening wind at Reddy is as good as anywhere for jumping - so solid with updraft so you can get long hang times without even trying.

Rob -
Sunday looks real good for colder and dryer NW wind based on the 10 day MRF. Yesterday NOAA and ikitesurf were only showing 5-10 for Sunday but I bet they change it... Should be good all over but more wind to the north and if that isn't enough kiting for you than drive to lake Michigan for big winds on Monday. There maybe some warm southerly wind ahead of front on Saturday but I'd bet it's lighter so the best day is Sunday. This won't be one of those nukin fall NW days but should be a sweet day on the water!

Considering we haven't had much wind the last month we are fortunate this will be the 3rd weekend in a row with wind!

KO
Kevin Ousdigian
Geo

Post by Geo »

Saw lots of the bottom of your surfboard sailing through the air, KO.