Bryce

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

peterrib

Bryce

Post by peterrib »

Hey Bryce, Can you fill me in on some Leech Lake launch sites. Heading up for the week.
Thanks, Peter
Bryce

Re: Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Better late then never :p

I've kited right in walker at the beach although it was cold out... but I bet it gets crowded.

On my map there was another spot that someone thought would work. Might be private.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213 ... 3,0.804749
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
xrdave

Post by xrdave »

To the north and west of the spot on that map there is a finger of land sticking out into the lake. There is a nice beach there ( on the north side)and a sandbar at the end. that is the best kiting spot on walker bay. However you need a boat to get there.
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

Bryce, Thanks for the reply. I tried the beach in town on a NW but the shadow
made for an impossible launch. Too deep to drift with the docks and when I tried to launch off the grass
the wind came in from 2 extreme angles. The other spot on the east side was private.
I went back to the beach on a north, it happened to be Walker Days and there was 2000 people
there. With all the rocky shoreline it doesn't seem too kiter friendly. There is a large beach on the
So end right along Hwy 200. With an onshore it is also too deep to drift and tree lined to make
a shore launch sketchy. All said I enjoyed exploring the lake.
paul-b

Post by paul-b »

Make the drive up tothe NE corner of Winnie. Last weekend we had a great time there.
duke56468

Post by duke56468 »

Sand point that divides Walker bay from Steamboat bay is nearly ideal for kiteboarding no mater what the wind direction, very nice sand beach. You do need a boat or sea doo to get there but it is very close to the public access north of Walker near the Kabekona bridge.