Which Kite to Bring

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

hondamon

Which Kite to Bring

Post by hondamon »

Greetings!

Well, the day is just about upon me. I'm heading out of Korea on Sat and flying into Minneapolis. I'll be in the States for about a month. I'm stoked! Anyhow, I'm finding that between gifts and clothes and what not, I am just running out of room. I have 2 Ozone kites - a Zephyr and a Catalyst 14m. My board is a CF Cruiser Pro 145x44. I'm 74kg. I am thinking it isn't worth bringing both the Zephyr and Catalyst. Which one should I bring to get the most use out of? I'm leaning toward the Catalyst. I appreciate any of your suggestions as I don't know what the winds are like this time of year around Minnesota (even though I was born and raised in Duluth and taught in a few public schools around the Mpls Metro). Thanks much for your input!

Damon
Tighe

Re: Which Kite to Bring

Post by Tighe »

I'd go big. That Zephyr is supposed to have great upper range. In August around here you'll be lucky to get a day over 20mph. Look at the statistics for each site around the cities on Windalert such as the one below for Waconia. LIGHT WINDS

Unfortunely it is one of our lower months. End of August it picks up a bit.

that would be my suggestion. Never know though.

Hoping I am wrong.
Attachments
wind at waconia.tiff
wind at waconia.tiff (245.93 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
Tighe