Anyone kiting Waconia Friday AM?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

KitingKen

Anyone kiting Waconia Friday AM?

Post by KitingKen »

I'm thinking of heading to Lake Waconia Friday morning. This will be my second attempt on water so its always comforting if other kiters are around. Snowkiting went will this winter, but water is a bit trickier.

Any recommendations or tips for Waconia? Location, hazzards, good things to know, etc.

Thanks,
Ken
smrsco

Re: Anyone kiting Waconia Friday AM?

Post by smrsco »

If you're still not comfortable riding on water you should definitely head up to Malmo on Mille Lacs if you can. There's not much room at Waconia for figuring things out.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I would second that. There is a small sand bar and docks and a boat launch and a bluff, etc etc. at Waconia not the best place for figuring things out. Malmo on Mille Lacs on the other hand has shallows that are 1/2 mile by 4-5 miles. Perfect for working on stuff. The winds are a lot more steady as well.
Tighe
KitingKen

Post by KitingKen »

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I might be able to get up to Malmo Friday. Sounds like the right place to learn!

Ken