Strong NW Wind - Heading to Father Hennepin State Park

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Engineer

Strong NW Wind - Heading to Father Hennepin State Park

Post by Engineer »

Wind on Mille Lacs has been great all day. I am heading to Father Hennepin State Park to take some advantage of this NW wind.
Love to meet some more local kiters if anyone else is going.
rockinbach

Re: Strong NW Wind - Heading to Father Hennepin State Park

Post by rockinbach »

I would love to be there. I'm not too far - in Mora visiting family. I live in Portland, OR which means Hood River is my default spot. But I dig Mille Lacs. I didn't bring my quiver as I didn't feel like lugging it along with my kids' crap. On the off chance, is there any place to rent a kite, harness and board around Mille Lacs? Maybe even people offering lessons? Could always work on my upwind riding.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Had a great day at Father with an exciting 4+ hour session riding the waves on my surfboard in 10m conditions. Such a rare treat to get a good NW wind blow with balmy 73 degree water and then the sun came out for most of the time too. About 5 other guys made it up too. The steady winds of ML are such a treat - I'm finally starting to get toe side riding down on my 'bad' side.

Thursday we rode Malmo for a while and then Barry P and I took our sweet time and did a 3 hour downwinder to FH. That W-nw was the perfect direction to milk it and keep riding the waves on and on. Neat to see the lake from a different perspective.

Kevin
Kevin Ousdigian
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Had a great afternoon at FH yesterday. Had to wait out a few rain clouds, but once they passed I was able to have a sweet session.
Decent swell and steady wind.
Attachments
Kiting till sunset
Kiting till sunset
Kiting Father Hennepin.JPG (391.68 KiB) Viewed 2407 times