Mille Lacs Sunday - Big Wind and Snow

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Mike B

Mille Lacs Sunday - Big Wind and Snow

Post by Mike B »

Big East wind and 5-8" new snow for Sunday. Webcams look great. Plan to be on the Southwest side by about noon. Will either be just South of Rum Creek, or along the frontage road by the Subway/gas station/Budget Host Inn.

Could be mid-winter conditions with a lot of wind!
Midwest Mountaineering/Ozone Team Rider
Al C

Re: Mille Lacs Sunday - Big Wind and Snow

Post by Al C »

It looks good, I'm feeling the urge to wax the powder boards to have on standby :D . I remember an early April storm on Mille Lacs a few years back, felt like mid winter all over again.
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

2:00pm. Wind 25-35+ 5-8" super smooth surface and snowing - White Out! :shock:
Big fun on small kites. Dropping down to a 5 Frenzy. Full on winter blizzard conditions :P
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Reminds me of a day up at Izatys we were up there. You were using my 2m. MOSSY.
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

Not quite that big Jerry. We saw 40 at one point, but not 50+ like that day. It was still snowing hard and blowing 20+ when we left. With the new snow and 30+ inches of ice, we will likely be able to ride ice on the 1st of May. :?