Another great day on Tonka

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Another great day on Tonka

Post by Tighe »

Tighe
slopecat

Re: Another great day on Tonka

Post by slopecat »

Thanks for sharing - I love watching your videos!

How did you have the camera attached to the kite?

Mike
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

thanks

The Rally's have split strut so attaching the camera is a bit tricky. I made my own mount. If you don't have a kite with split strut (struts as part of canopy) you can buy straps that loop around the center strut.

ride on
tighe
Tighe
JRN

Post by JRN »

:shock: WOW!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

Very nice! It was great to get other kiters into the view and add more interaction and interest. Nice toe-side work too.

GoPro 3? From the kite are you using Narrow FOV? I like the kite mount perspective. This has the subject much closer than what I've seen from a kite mount. Or are you on short lines?

Well done. Just fun.
MK

Post by MK »

Very cool! Another fine production.

I've seen some home mount remedy's involving removing enough of a ~3" diameter pvc ~1' long to slide over a strut. smoothing out the removed section on remainder of pvc for ease of sliding on the center strut. Lowes or JoAnn fabric will have a fabric or double sideded tape to keep pvc in place and pick up some velcroe to strap your preferred camera on. Drill some holes in the pvc to lighten it up and voila.

I'm resisting the urge to sell the camera and manufactured mounting kits...
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Barry,
Just using the Gopro 2, at 127 degrees, standard lines on the Rally... 25m I think. I still have those sunset session in padre shots of yours as a goal.

Ride on
Tighe