Where is the snow this season?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

steveshapson

Where is the snow this season?

Post by steveshapson »

Not having much snow last year here in Milwaukee area and north, I see lake Mille lacs is snow covered already. Where is everyone kiteskiing(snowkiting) this year?

thanks,
Steve shapson
steveshapson(at)hotmail.com
Steve Shapson
Screamin Tuna Surf Shop &
Force 10 Foils 377-1787 tel/fax
Frugal Homebrewer of Cedarburg 262-377-1838
W62 N590 Washington Ave.
Cedarburg, WI 53012
JRN

Re: Where is the snow this season?

Post by JRN »

We've had a weird start to winter. The Brainerd Lakes area has enough ice thickness to get out, but not alot of snow. Here in the Metro, the opposite: enough snow, but thin ice. I spotted an open field on my drive home, & may resort to riding there. Right now, I'm hoping for more frigid nights to add more ice base to the lakes, and literally cleaning out the garage. :cry:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
JRN

Post by JRN »

We've had a weird start to winter. The Brainerd Lakes area has enough ice thickness to get out, but not alot of snow. Here in the Metro, the opposite: enough snow, but thin ice. I spotted an open field on my drive home, & may resort to riding there. Right now, I'm hoping for more frigid nights to add more ice base to the lakes, and literally cleaning out the garage. :cry:..oops, triple mouse click...too much cafeine!
WARNING:
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

We are doing alright for snow up here... we didn't get the 12 inches but the lakes are covered. I got out last sunday on my skis and it was pretty good. Nice powder.

Mark's webcam is on the south end of pelican:
http://mdh01.fatcow.com/lakeimage/cabin.html
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Also I'm going to check out malmo and reddy this weekend while driving by and perhaps kiting if the ice is good. I've heard some of the bays are doing pretty good.
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
JRN

Post by JRN »

More snow on the way?! :D Hope to test the Milly conditions soon & sharpen the ice pix. Does Santa grant kited wishes? I shoulda been a good boy, RATS!
WARNING: