Duluth?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Randy

Duluth?

Post by Randy »

Still a little iffy, but taking my chances for some terrain. Looks like today and tomorrow have some potential. Should be at Tot Lot by 1, fingers crossed.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Randy

Re: Duluth?

Post by Randy »

Deepest gratitude to Mother. I'd almost forgotten how sweet her curves were. It was 6.6M windsurf, 12M kite, nothing over powered, and nice slow moving terrain, perfect for SUPing when the wind dropped off. Hanging out for a potential dawn patrol at Tot Lot, probably heading back to cities by 10, in case anyone's looking for a early morning launch.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

A bit chilly but...looks like you probably scored a sweet sunrise session! How's the water temp?

Reds

Post by Reds »

Way to grab some Randy. Touche
Patrick
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

I was in a meeting today daydreaming about Duluth when the boss asked me what I thought about adding card swipes to the city hall garage doors. My response was: What? Where? What are we doing? Nice!
I need a vacation!

It looked like it was going to be better than 6.6 today.

How's Judd?
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

I ran up for a late morning session. Solid 10m kiting. Chris was well powered on a 5.2 sail. We must have just missed Randy. Steady drizzle was not much of an issue. Great day! Well worth the trip.
Randy

Post by Randy »

Sorry I missed you guys. Yes, I had to be on the road by ten for a meeting in Rush City. The water temp is still mid- to upper 40's, so quite balmy for Superior sailing. We have to remember it usually doesn't get that warm until end of June. At about nine it started to get a little squally and on-shore, but I was graced with a nice outside session. Put on a Go Pro for a couple runs on the inside. Seems a good illustration of the challenge to get outside with 080 wind direction. It was fun to watch the freighter as a wind marker. It was all over the place. Saw a four foot sturgeon in shallow water. Damn, they move just like sharks. Putting up a video that captures the eventual roll from onshore waves. Definitely a workout for the early am. Yes, I really missed Judd, especially for the evening Fitgers Brew. He's healing well and is hoping to be on the active list late November.

Here's the link to the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8nSPj43 ... ature=plcp
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com