White Bear Today

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

adamel111

White Bear Today

Post by adamel111 »

Anybody else going to White Bear today? It is the only option close to me today (suppose calhoun but would rather sail White Bear).

Anything to be aware of at White Bear? I haven't sailed there this year.

Adam
Adam Anderson
ice_kmauve

Re: White Bear Today

Post by ice_kmauve »

might possibly make it there. Looks like the wind forecast is down a bit from where it was.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
JRN

Post by JRN »

ADAM: I hope you are talking about windsurfing and not kiting on Calhoun. You can see the earlier post where an unidentified kiter rode among swimmers and then put the kite down among beach goers.... nobody wants to be in THAT club. Hope to see you on WBL soon. In the meantime, please read the guidelines for the various launches in the area. Dave succinctly stated the reasons we stay off Calhoun. Spread the word.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Geo

Post by Geo »

Caught the weird wind at the end of the day.
Wind came up at 4 from the SW, only to deposit me at the island and die after 15 minutes. Ended up down at the corner eventually by Rutherford alternately flying and dragging around up to my chin. Went to pack it up twice and walk back as the wind went really west. Then, came up for a solid hour from the south again (so that I could actually get back to Ramsey beach), and it was smooth, flat water sailing, just like those places that you want to sail until about 6.
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

JRN: I was talking about windsurfing. I completely support the self-policing that LAKAWA does to keep kiting safe.

WBL ended up being pretty good last week. Steve Johnson and I rode for about an hour+ (on the water about 4:30 or so I think). Stayed upwind of the island and had some great runs. Definitely had to deal with weeds but the wind was so good it didn't matter too much.

Adam
Adam Anderson