The Lost Story

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

MK

The Lost Story

Post by MK »

the lost  sotry.jpg
the lost sotry.jpg (330 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
Just recieved a call from a windsurfer apparently torturing himself by getting work done in his car at the Waconia DNR launch today. Torturing since there is an inherent gene in our addiction to the wind that commands our attention to the slightest hint of possibility to ride. It is also quite probable he was simply enjoying the view.

I'll get to my point: he noticed gear laying on the ground the entire time he was there and no others around. After working for 2hrs he took it for neglect and scooped it up in search of its master. Anybody missing any gear?

Glad he picked it up and called it in. Curious of the story here. Hope it was a simple forgetful action. I'm still a little bit on a high from boosting yesterday and the ride. To Jim's comment in an earlier thread: kiting has been called dope on a rope. Not sure who gets credit for this phrase but it certainly has its place. Great time riding with you all. Still thrilled by all the wahoo's and yahoo-ing going on. To find yourself simply smiling/laughing to yourself while huck'n and chuckl'n has to be good for you. Even after getting thrashed from a mis-timed attempt at glory, I'll laugh. It was fun to share the post session stories and those that extend beyond the ride.