Looking for (stolen) Gear

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

smuda

Looking for (stolen) Gear

Post by smuda »

Hello Fellow Windsurfersurfers,
My new used white '95 Accord was just stolen and with it much windsurfing gear which I am at a loss to replace and so I am looking to buy a couple of extensions, mast bases, fins, downhaul tool, waist harness, roof rack and I'm sure some other things I'm forgetting. I have been looking around Lakawa and seen nothing, so basically I'm trying to get a few odds and ends to be able to finish out the season. If you have triples of anything you've been considering selling please let me know and pass this along to anyone you might think of. Also I'm looking for another car, although I will give it a few more days.
Best
Sean
6 1 2 8 2 5 3 8 33
JRN

Re: Looking for (stolen) Gear

Post by JRN »

SEAN, Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe there is more desperation out there, with the economy & all. I'm still in mourning over the kiteboard that left me @ the Gorge & now this, which may further the cautionary tale:
Watch your stuff, & your fellow windriders'! I see alot of open and unlocked cars at the launches these days, even when we're all out riding. Lock'em up people & be aware of deals on craigslist, etc, that seem too good to be true. If you see one for a green & white Best Spark...give me a call. :|
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
MK

Post by MK »

Bummer. Hope you have had some positive developments.

My wife is always amazed by our carefree nature (us wind folk). Particularly at events when we have our gear and cars open, unattended. That's actually one of the elements of this community and sport I've always liked.

Hope they found the knuckle-head.
Krishna

Post by Krishna »

Up until last December, when it was stolen for the 2nd time (good riddance), I also owned a mid-90's Honda Accord. #1 or #2 stolen vehicle in the US, depending on where you look. They are worth more in parts than they are as a vehicle. I loved driving it, but got tired of the "in-betweens", where someone else got to drive it for a while.

Sorry you lost your stuff. I only had a slingshot trainer kite, some derby skates, and a sleeping bag stolen. But I can relate, it's a huge bummer.

Hope you can recover your stuff soon.