First ride in two years.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

scottman

First ride in two years.

Post by scottman »

Yesterday was my first attempt at riding again in two years at Medicine lake yesterday afternoon, just like riding a bike, it was fun, water was warm really gusty but the 17m Zephyr lived up to the hype I was able to handle the 15 to 25 mph winds no problem. Nice to meet you Scott and good to see Alex out there tearing it up, good times, hope to get out soon again.
ollie

Re: First ride in two years.

Post by ollie »

Welcome back man, bout time!!!

Bryan
JRN

Post by JRN »

I've got the perfect board to complement your Zephyr. I bought it from some dude who was getting out of kiting. I think it was built by another guy up on Superior who glues them together from strips of cedar. You'd have to see it to believe it. Call me if you want a demo. We could stop at IHOP afterward for some chicken & waffles. :mrgreen:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
jrjohnson1

Post by jrjohnson1 »

Yeah, I was thinking about taking a 2 year break from one of my life's most exciting & enjoyable recreational activities; maybe I'll even sell all my gear...... NOT!
MAXIMILIANO

Post by MAXIMILIANO »

Welcome back, Scott!
scottman

Post by scottman »

Thanks for the positive comment jrjohnson1 I appreciate it way to keep the sroke going.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Like a duck to water

After I launched you I watched you make a couple of passes followed by an effortless boost.
In that single moment I think you realized why your back.

It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing your moment.

Speed 3 21M demo always available although it's clear you found the kite you were looking for.

Kiter-on S
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Scott I have barely kited in the last couple of years as well. I got a session in at Hood River recently.
Glad to hear you're back out on the water. Is medicine pretty weedy?
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
scottman

Post by scottman »

Medicine is pretty weedy as long as you stay up your good and the west side of the lake is really weedy, all in all not to bad.