Wind Guru/ or another?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Dopper

Wind Guru/ or another?

Post by Dopper »

For someone whos eyes glaze over when I read the wind forecast tables. Can anyone tell a layman which wind guru table works the best for the Mpls. area? I've always looked at underground but it seems off by a long shot at times. I know this is subjective. Perhaps someone could recommend another table that is easy to understand and fairly accurate? Thank you for your help!
DDD
MK

Re: Wind Guru/ or another?

Post by MK »

I too have juggled the various winds sites. None have 100% success rates. I have grown to cross reference them and still not hold my breath but be prepared with gear just in case.

I'm humored by what somebody mentioned a while ago: look at all of the models and go with the one you like best. Seasonally some are more accurate but then loose their mojo. NOAA this week has been a little off so far and iKitesurf has been closer to the actual.

A few are highlighted in the left side navigation of the Wind link above. Here are a few more to consider (some have mobile Aps):

1. Wind Alert
2. Weather Bug
3. The Weather Channel
4. Aero Weather
5. Weendy
6. Intellicast - Nice Windcast in there
7. Weather Nation - Local Paul Douglas owned

Hope this helps!
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

Mike don't forget about Kevin O. Local rumor has it some of the better wind forecasting sites are going to him for their forecasts. :wink:
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
MK

Post by MK »

KO is forecasting machine. I didn't want to put him to task but he has a keen ability.

I noticed Ikitesurf was more accurate today than NOAA and My-Cast today. A student got some good runs today because of Ikitesurf.. I missed out on the Cities 97 deal though because of it :( It was a beautiful day on the lake so I'm fullfilled.