Worthington this Weekend

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

ardenalan

Worthington this Weekend

Post by ardenalan »

The Worthington Windsurfing Regatta & Unvarnished Music Festival is this weekend.
http://worthingtonwindsurfing.com/windsurfing_home.php

The wind forecast is fantastic 15-30 mph winds for Saturday and Sunday!
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... &dd=0&bw=0

The city and people of Worthington are gracious hosts and make this a great event for windsurfers and non-windsurfers alike. Check out some of the press they are already doing leading up to the event:
http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/id/ ... p/Regatta/

See you there,
Arden
Matt V

Re: Worthington this Weekend

Post by Matt V »

Great time to be had by all and I am in. The wind does look good for windsurfing at Worthington and maybe even some kiting 30minutes away at Spirit Lake, IA. There should be some locals kiting on Big Spirit over the weekend and some of them come over to Worthington for the party after a session.
Randy

Post by Randy »

Thanks, Arden. Yes, this should be a perfect scenario for the only windsport/music festival I'm aware of. The musical lineup looks great and the forecast better. Camping at Olson Park is inexpensive and on the lake and the Worthington welcoming spirit is as good as it gets. It looks like they may be spared rain until late Sunday, so like Matt said, if you need a bigger lake, come down for Spirit, and musically feed the spirit on the shores of Lake Okebena. Bring your musical instruments for the shoreline open jam at night. It's a bit of drive, but well Worth a Ton of joy.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Bill S.

Post by Bill S. »

Hi Randy, I'm in! How about a blues groove at lakeside on Saturday night?!

Bill
Randy

Post by Randy »

Yes!! It's been a long time comin'.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Bill S.

Post by Bill S. »

Further on up the road. . . .save travels!
Randy

Post by Randy »

Amazing grace! Thank you Worthington and all who put so much work into this unique event now thirteen years old. Can't remember a time when we've had such solid wind for all three days. Hats off to the race committee for dealing with such challenging conditions. Certainly impressive to see how so many racers were able to handle such a variety of conditions. Roger, you're the master instructor. The work you do is truly amazing. Bill, the music fully satisfied the soul. I love sailing to live music. I love the community feel Worthington has, the strong welcome they give us, the cultural diversity, and the sense of stewardship that seems lacking in so many communities today. Doin' the gospel thing with Mama McFarlane was a moment in time I'll never forget. Just want to scream "Halleluja" thinking about it. Shoreline jammin' with friends Bill K. and Bill S., highlighted by the sweet vocal sounds of a St. Olaf group, ahhh Amazing Grace!

Driving home I was pulled over because a patrolman thought I'd been drinking or was dozing off. I was actually having a hard time holding a steady line because of the 30-35 mph crosswinds. Dropped by Ramsey late to see it lit to perfection. Three windsurfers were in 4-5M heaven. Felt like a Maui beach. Minnesota June, you're divine!
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com