Easter Wind

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevinousdigian

Easter Wind

Post by Kevinousdigian »

We are in a brief lull and then the spring wind machine should start cranking up again after some wind for 4 days straight. Looks like a later light SE breezes on Friday followed by S-SW wind Saturday and then stronger W winds on Easter Sunday and clocking NW and turning colder for the Twins Home opener on Monday afternoon. Then lull and again winds will crank up at end of next week with a strong low coming from the south giving more Eastish winds.

Keith, Randy L or others: How about the 11am service at St. Andrews church in Mahtomedi followed by some kiting at White Bear which is only a mile away? St. Andrews has incredible music and will have full orchestra on Sunday. I may be able to do it because we are getting together later in day with family.

KO
Kevin Ousdigian
Geo

Re: Easter Wind

Post by Geo »

Or if you a heathen, SATURDAY at Reddy and Sunday at Malmo.
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

Count me in Kevin :D
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
JRN

Post by JRN »

KITING COULD BE COMPARED TO THE EASTER STORY: "Ascending into heaven"...boosting. "On the 3rd day rising from the dead" ... recovery from an especially taxing session. :wink: I hope to join on Sunday!
Last edited by JRN on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Ohh no... I'm missing all the fun here :-(... Wish you guys could join us in SPI. We'll miss you Randy and Dad! Good luck with the project!
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Fly @ DRAG this afternoon (Sat.) :)
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
JRN

Post by JRN »

EASTER EVE SESH @ MALMO: Cal, Geo, Hendy, Randy L, & I met there yesterday to find all conditions thru the day: Sunny, Calm, Rain ,Drizzle, Breezy, & finally a black cloudy storm front that drove us to scramble for smaller kites and end the day, totally tweaked on 10's & 11's. Thanks for inviting me along for the RIDE! :mrgreen:
WARNING:
JRN

Post by JRN »

WOOPS! :oops:
Last edited by JRN on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING:
Geo

Post by Geo »

Malmo was worth the effort. Great end to the day.

Just leaving wildwood and stayed on the water for all of 15 minutes. 10-30 punchy gusty. Not fun. Stay home and eat with your loved ones.