Hafa Adai!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

windthrash

Hafa Adai!

Post by windthrash »

Hey everyone! Long time no see or ride with.. I just got to Guam where I will be stationed for the next 3 years.
A question though. It has been windy EVERY single day since I got here 2 weeks ago, and I see kiters and windsurfers out all the time, but see nowhere to buy gear. Even craigslist has only one posting for gear. Whenever I am free all the wind fanatics are already out and stay out so I haven't been able to talk to any locals yet. Does anyone know where to purchase on or near Guam? I don't want to ship gear out because of international shipping, but I am stuck. Any help or ideas would be appreciated greatly!!

Thanks!
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
JRN

Re: Hafa Adai!

Post by JRN »

LIVING THE DREAM! Huh, Nate? I keep running across references to Togcha bay, Togcha river, Jeff's beach, or Jeff's Pirate cove. Sounds like they may have rentals there, but it is hard to tell. Glad you are getting a chance to see the world, and have more adventures. It will be great to hear your stories around the campfire some day. Keep in touch! JRN
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
windthrash

Re: Hafa Adai!

Post by windthrash »

Haha call it what you want :P I have long work hours of course but it isn't bad. The average low temp is 77 and the average high is 85-90 degrees all year long with a 60% chance of rain all day.. Very very humid! But the food is good, locals are cool for the most part, and windsurfing is great! Just after I posted this I actually happened to drive by a hole in the wall surf shop that sells only Neil Pryde and JP!! My favorite brands too! So soon I will have gear and will be out living it up! My only concern is that there are A LOT of sharks here of every species, but the most common are Tiger sharks.. The most common windsurfer attacker.. So we will see. While on base at work Monday I saw one that was probably 12 ft or a bit longer in the shallow bay right by the pier. But it's the price and risk to pay for the fun and adrenaline eh?!!! I hope all is well with everyone back there, and I also wish the best in wind for everyone this year too!

Later
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam