Parking and Ice road for the Crossing!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Bryce

Parking and Ice road for the Crossing!

Post by Bryce »

We are plowing a road today for the Crossing. You will need to access the road from the entrance across from the Blue Goose.
Entry across from Garrison Sports is at your own risk due to the erosion that has occurred over the last few weeks.
Thus we have determined it much safer for your vehicles to enter across from the Goose and follow the road (be sure to follow the plowed road to the north as there
will be other events taking place on Saturday) which will take you directly back to the Garrison Sports ice road, which is also being plowed,where you normally conduct your event.

Give as many people a heads up as possible as I’m sure they don’t want to wreck the underside of their vehicles.
I got this. Everyone try and take the good road and let people other people know!
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
jrjohnson1

Re: Parking and Ice road for the Crossing!

Post by jrjohnson1 »

Just so that we can make an informed decision about whether or not to drive out on the ice, can you let us know how thick the ice will be where people will likely be parking? 100+ cars on the ice is a lot of weight.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

In the past they plowed a long road out and people parked along that... then we didn't have all the cars in one lot.

I'm not sure what the ice thickness is there right at garrison. But when I drove by last weekend there was a ton of trailers and trucks, and even a few RVs parked on the ice across from the blue goose for ice car/bike/4wheeler racing.

Although, I wouldn't recommend driving miles on the ice out of garrison or crossing any pressure ridges with a car.

Anyone else have comments on the ice thickness?
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
bmr

Post by bmr »

Thanks for all the updates, guys. Any word on the parking situation? Will there be (city) road-side spots, or a cleared "lot" on the ice near shore? :?:

thx :wink:
Have kite, will travel.
johnz

Post by johnz »

But where is the tent city going to be?

I'm coming up Friday night and stoked to do some camping!! :D
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider