Winter Crossing date for 2012

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BBAddict

Winter Crossing date for 2012

Post by BBAddict »

Does anybody know the dates for the Winter Crossing for this winter? I only found it listed one place on the NAST site, but it was clearly wrong--it wasn't even a weekend!
scottman

Re: Winter Crossing date for 2012

Post by scottman »

Is this even happpening this year?
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

We had it last year, I don't know why we wouldn't have it this year?

Are you getting back into kiting scott?? It would be good to see you out there again!
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Yes the crossing will happen. Happens every year, question is will the wind & snow happen! the Crossing is usually around first weekend in March I thought.
Scott, I thought you quit kiteboarding and got out of the sport u posted? be nice to shred with ya were practically neighbors now.
Seth, that is from the first Nast tour a year ago when they were thinking of events in 2011 to use last year and it is different now for this season with only four events out west. We are looking at maybe hosting a NAST event here for next season.
Hopefully we will have conditions for the Crossing this season! looking forward to it.
scottman

Post by scottman »

True Nathan I did stop kiting for the most part, I took up mountain biking and have been really enjoying it, thats not to say I wouldn't buy a nice used kite to just tear around in the white stuff. I really needed a break from Kiting to try some new stuff that interested me that I never had the time to try, and I needed to spend more time with Caroline. We travel a lot now in the RV which we really like, it's amazing all the places I have not see in the states yet.

One day I might get back into kiting full time again or al least buy some equipment, I have been watching the brands websites and it all kind of seems the same, no major breakthroughs in the kites yet that would really make me want to get back into it.

I do miss the peeps, there are a lot of really great people out there that I have not seen for a while and thought maybe the crossing would be a good time to see everyone again and catch up, just have not seen anythiong as far as a date set up yet.
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

The Crossing has overlapped before in the past with other events dates out west and sometimes can be tuff to schedule with everyone... But I would imaging it will be around the last week in feb or first week in march, always is around those weekends first part of march last few seasons, plan around then I am guessing.

sounds like life is good Scott, good to hear from you. mtb is fun! hopefully we will get some white stuff too tear! yeah cool cool, what Byrce wrote just had reminded me when you posted you were quiting and getting out of kiting, so was not sure and thats why I asked if you were getting back into it, would be nice to see you out again.
JRN

Post by JRN »

Winter Crossing? Does that mean we cross all winter long? IF I HAD STARTED ON THE FIRST DAY OF WINTER, I think it would take until the first day of spring to get across. Hope it manages to freeze over eventually. I just hope to make it to the mailbox today.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})