Hero 2

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Netdewt

Hero 2

Post by Netdewt »

The GoPro Hero 2 is coming out, and it looks awesome. The stuff you can get for $300 or whatever these days is incredible.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78[/youtube]
BSMITH

Re: Hero 2

Post by BSMITH »

Incredible. GET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE! I really need snow, wind, warmth, waves, or something after watching that.
scottman

Post by scottman »

Kick ass!!!!
Netdewt

Post by Netdewt »

For sure. I wish I could get the time off to head down to SPI with LAKAWA.
scottman

Post by scottman »

SPI is worth it, the place rocks not to mention all the Minnesota peeps down there make it very enjoyable to go.
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

MK

Post by MK »

Hero original 1080 and 960 both HD order just arrived in the store Monday. New Hero2 on it's way. (If you wish to consider buying locally!)
MK

Post by MK »

More H2's arriving Thursday. Dennis used one in SPI a few weeks ago and will have some insight on them.

They come with a Floaty Back and this can limit the articulation angles, like a board mount. So, consider your use of the camera before sticking it on. They also have up to 120fps vs its predecessor at max of 60fps (depending on settings).

I'm comparing settings in vball now with Hero and H2 to verify the best settings. Unfortunately it's a different sport/lighting but I'm getting some insight.
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

I watching an in car interview on ESPN. The shot was from the front with both driver and passenger in the shot. They switched to a camera in the back and you can see that the first camera was a dash mounted GoPro.