Waconia Sat?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Jason_L

Waconia Sat?

Post by Jason_L »

Thinking about kiting Waconia tomorrow. Would like to get there around 10 or 11
tom_latcham

Re: Waconia Sat?

Post by tom_latcham »

Not many warm windy water days left this season. I am almost packed up. I hope to be on the water by 1:30- 2 . Brian Sherry and Scott Chapman are also heading to Waconia today. Should be fun.
TL
fabrino

Post by fabrino »

Great it's windy and probably one of the last liquid sessions!
but family obligations loom large.. gymnastics (in eden praire) ends at 12.45 and soccer (in plymouth) starts at 4.00.. :(
mmmm.. can it be done :? ?
Yes it can :D !
go to gymnastics all packed up leave right after, at 1.40 I am in the water @ the wack..lots of windsurfers ripping it.. no kiters..
.. drift launch, kite is up, but sh*$ lines are crossed.. I've got no time.. kite steers ok, I'll go anyway..

best session ever for me..wind has some crazy gusts but for the most part steady around 20 (I think)..
for the first time I can stay upwind, for the first I can feel and direct the board, for the first time I can handle the big gusts (well most of them anyway..)
for the first time I can relax and enjoy the ride, and for the first time I manage tack without sinking my butt in the water..

water is cold but 5mm wetsuit plus a wind breaker is warm enough (need gloves next time)
for the first time on a kite I got that wonderful feeling, that I had many years ago sailing lasers, of feeling one with the board, the sail, the wind.. I'm happy... :D

oh man.. it's 2.40.. gotta be in plymouth at 4.00..better pack up and go..
short but totally worth!
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

Heading to Waconia now. (Sunday) Hope to see some people out there. Looks like a great day.