Go pro software

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

scottman

Go pro software

Post by scottman »

What type of software does everyone use to edit video from there Go Pro? I am thinking about getting the Go Pro Hero 2 but wanted to know what is the best software that people are using?

Any suggestions?
Tetley

Re: Go pro software

Post by Tetley »

Good question. I'd also be interested in where people are getting their GoPro, or where do they suggest buying it and how much should one expect to spend. :?:
monkey1031

Post by monkey1031 »

Mike (Lakawa Mike) now sells them.
They're GP Heros.

Send him a message through the forum... He'll get back to you when he's off the lake (it's windy out today....).
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

I have been using Sony Vegas on a PC. Took a while for me to latch on but now I
love it. More editing possibilities than I will ever use but getting great results. My
biggest hang up was converting the files.
Have fun, Peter
JRN

Post by JRN »

Scott, Maybe we can stick one on that giant, mobile, self-propelled ice fishing shack that you're driving around these days!
Nice to hear from you again. :wink:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
rookie

Post by rookie »

Hey Scott, Hope things are going good for ya. I use windows movie maker. Its a free download. G ~
Netdewt

Post by Netdewt »

If you have a Mac, most pros will say that Final Cut Pro is the best. There is a learning curve, but ultimately the results are great. It used to be $1000, but they just adjusted the price to $300.

If you want something free and basic for converting or very simple edits, get MPEG Streamclip (Mac or PC).

http://www.squared5.com/
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Scott!!! Good to know you're hanging around!
scottman

Post by scottman »

Thanks everyone for the ideas on the software, I was just wondering if the Hero came with it's own software because it does not really say on the box that I could see.

Mountain biking mostly now, it's become a apssion of mine, and it helps the new Mtn bike trail at three rivers park is just a 1/4 mile from my house so it makes it easy.

Good to see the stoke is still around for Kiting!!!!