Medicine Lake @ 4

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Barry P

Medicine Lake @ 4

Post by Barry P »

Locked up at work today. Anyone kiting at Medicine today? NW wind should line up perfect. I'll be there 4:00-4:30
Matt32

Re: Medicine Lake @ 4

Post by Matt32 »

Extreme conditions today. I just stopped by the beach on my lunch break. Wind is straight on shore. I measured gusts up to 45mph on my wind meter, and it was raining sideways. No one else was around and I opted not to self launch/land. I might be back this evening around 5:30 if it settles down a little.
fabrino

Post by fabrino »

Hi all

I've never kited in the summer @ medicine..
I am assuming the launch is on the beach on the south east corner of the lake.. correct?
and if so I was wondering if someone could share how's it?
i.e. how big are the shallows, wind directions to avoid, obstacles, crowds and boaters.. stuff like that..

thanks in advance
f.
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

I have only ridden there in the spring, but it's plenty shallow to do a good drift launch. I'm not sure that a beginner would want to ride there in gnarly conditions because you do have to get upwind pretty fast, but when the wind lines up just right it can be really good.