Lost: Primitive Closet Rod Downhaul tool

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

smuda

Post by smuda »

either at Waconia or Calhoun, probably a month ago now!
Sean
6 1 2 8 2 5 38 3 3
JRN

Re: Lost: Primitive Closet Rod Downhaul tool

Post by JRN »

SEAN, I had to laugh when you described the downhaul tool THAT I CREATED as primitive! How about ingeneously engineered & creatively conceived? :lol: JRN
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

Learned from Jim Oakes at the Hatchery: Pick up fist sized rock, wrap line around rock a couple of times one way. pass end around line going to the rig and wrap a couple of times the other way, grab rock and pull.
Matt V

Post by Matt V »

David Ezzy did away with any rigging tools when he put this on the web. He admits he is not the creator, but this is the most useful knot a windsurfer could know - especially in an emergency situation. You can use any thing, even a harness bar to downhaul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUl9F8nt ... re=related

I use a piece of 1/2" EMT (metal tube) that I welded on a 10mm allen bolt that I use for my fin screws. Otherwise, if you are still using a Philips screw driver for your fin screw, you can use a 45degree prebended elbow piece of 3/4" or 1/2" electrical pvc tube or just use the screwdriver you already have.

Matt