Kona Racing on Calhoun

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

adamel111

Kona Racing on Calhoun

Post by adamel111 »

Hi,

What night is Kona racing on Calhoun? I tried searching the forum but didn't get any results.

Adam
Adam Anderson
Michael F

Re: Kona Racing on Calhoun

Post by Michael F »

Hey Adam,
Unfortunately, we started last night. We sent out an e-mail announcing the start, but noticed we didn't have a current address for you. Fire a note off to Fleet-8@juno.com to get us updated. This is our fifth year for Tuesdays on Calhoun and and the current plan is to meet on Tuesday if conditions are adequate, or cancel and return on Thursday. Hope to see you out there soon.

Michael
Director of Fleet 8
fleet-8@juno.com
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

Mike, I look forward to getting out for some Kona racing. I wouldn't have been able to make it last night anyway - I was sober cab for getting my wife to/from the Britney Spears concert. Gotta build up some Karma so I can get out sailing when it is windy.

I hope to make it next week. What time does racing start?

Also, please update my email to: aaanderson.mn@gmail.com

Adam
Adam Anderson
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

Still wondering what time Kona racing starts tomorrow... Do I need to bring anything - extensions, booms, etc.? Anyone else planning on showing up tomorrow?

Adam
Adam Anderson
Michael F

Post by Michael F »

Our goal is to start racing by 6:00, so we would like to have everyone there by 5:30. Tomorrow has wind forecasted from the northwest, so we will probably be meeting at the south beach. For final updates, call 612-508-8083 3:00 or after. As far as Kona equipment, we are fairly covered with the sail sizes, but booms with harness straps are lacking, so feel free to bring your own. Look forward to seeing you.

Miichael
Director of Fleet 8
fleet-8@juno.com