Friday rides ?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

RobH

Friday rides ?

Post by RobH »

Looks like there may be some sse rides possible on Friday - Anyone riding ?
Also looks like Saturday Afternoon the rains will pass and winds should remain - anyone seeing the forecast differently ?
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
rookie

Re: Friday rides ?

Post by rookie »

Count me in!! looks like 25 to 30mph, almost 80deg. and waves at 5". Im in!! Meet ya at the Jetties :D
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

We don't need those temps. We are Minnesota tough not like you Wisconsinites. Where are the good rides to be had. Thinking I'll get out but not sure where. Da Bear might be the best local option.
magicninja

Post by magicninja »

Anyone down for lake Washington? I think a SSE would work there.
RobH

Post by RobH »

Hey ROokie, Been waiting all year to wear my drysuit, its going to be 60 something after all. I have tomorrow off and will be out at the bear or possibly washington - looking forward to first rides of the season in Minnesota
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Ill join ya Rob, shoots 60! a heat wave.
George I am always down for washington but when the wind shows east its a lil sketch on the wind there. Ideal conditions for washington are W, SW and S wind is ok but not ideal for sportsmans park launch. SE can wok its just not that great and you can get blown down in the hole real quik.
for elseworth launch on south end of washington look for NW,N,NE are Ideal and E works ok also.
Matixsnow

Post by Matixsnow »

Thinking about Ramsey on White Bear tomorrow after work (~5pm). It'd be nice to have some company.

-Jeff
jeffengel

Post by jeffengel »

Going to try my beach on South Chisago Lake. SSE works perfect here. Course would be nice at Ramsy to have company.
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I'm toying with the idea of going to Waconia tomorrow evening after work. I'll have to see if I can find my drysuit in the basement, or wherever I left it. Is anyone else thinking about going out there, or am I the only one in the southwest suburbs?
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
magicninja

Post by magicninja »

Thinking about Garrison, Mille Lacs anyone got first hand knowledge of the conditions? enough open water yet? My Board skills aren't honed enough for the Wac or WBL, need a couple sessions on Mille or Washington before I venture into that terrain. Anyone else going to Mille?
davepark

Post by davepark »

magicninja wrote:Thinking about Garrison, Mille Lacs anyone got first hand knowledge of the conditions? enough open water yet? My Board skills aren't honed enough for the Wac or WBL, need a couple sessions on Mille or Washington before I venture into that terrain. Anyone else going to Mille?
A friend drove by Mille on 169 on Monday and said the ice was about a 1/4 mile away from shore. I'm not sure what this south wind will do to that though. Looking at the web cams it appears there is still a lot of ice.

http://www.mnlakecams.com/links.html
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

kind of thinking of Waconia today, however I still need to put my fins and straps on and find my drysuit so not sure if i will be able to pull it all together. Anyone else heading there?
Tetley

Post by Tetley »

I think I might give Waconia a try in a little bit now that the wind seems to be coming around.
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I'm checking the weather out right now, and it looks like the wind is coming up, but it also looks like some rain is moving in. If it isn't raining by the time I leave work, around 5 or 5:30, I'll probably head to Waconia. But, I don't want to be in the middle of the lake when thunder and lightning come rolling in, or else I'd be doing Benjamin Franklin all over again. (Especially if I were to fly a Key.)

Sunday's forecast looks to be breezy with little chance of rain, so I'm keeping that open as well.
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:D Jerry and I got out on Washington for some great SE 20s+. Alittle rain but mostly smiles. My sess was a bit short due to work but good rides were had. Rest of the weekend looks pretty good. Could use some more sun!
Peter
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Nice crowd over at the Bear today - good to see everyone after our long winter and cold spring. Ramsey Beach is a great set up on a SE. Some of the West Siderz even showed up :wink: