Looking for a good kiting video

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Stroh

Looking for a good kiting video

Post by Stroh »

I would like something on the liquid side… needs to be more than just wake style

Recommendations?

One you would like to sell? Let me know (952) 807 33 zero 6

Thanks
Jon Stroh
Kelcher

Re: Looking for a good kiting video

Post by Kelcher »

We had the videos flowing non-stop while in SPI. I've become a fan of:

--------- REAL 5 DVD Instructional Box Set

Seems to cover EVERYTHING. Or if you don't want to go with the box-set. The "Evolution" disc in this series is great for those who've had at least one good quality pro-lesson. Should be able to find on the internet somewhere.
Kelcher
Blaine, MN
Level = Rookie
KB Since = Jan 7th 2011
Equip = Slingshot Key HD
>-<0 =|==============D
slopecat

Post by slopecat »

Kelcher wrote:We had the videos flowing non-stop while in SPI. I've become a fan of:

--------- REAL 5 DVD Instructional Box Set

Seems to cover EVERYTHING. Or if you don't want to go with the box-set. The "Evolution" disc in this series is great for those who've had at least one good quality pro-lesson. Should be able to find on the internet somewhere.
I haven't seen any of the videos, but here is where you can find them:
http://www.realwatersports.com/gear/kiteboarding/dvd/
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Lots of different choices at sideoff: http://www.sideoff.com/

http://www.cineaptic.com/ local kiter now a Gorge transplant Matt Kobelinski has a small section in "Work In Progress" from Nate Appel @ cineaptic, but lots of wake in there. Nate Appel does really nice vid work.

Lots of good vids out now days

Stroh , I have like 6 copies left of Naish house they sent me for promo. shoot me your addy and i will mail you one.

Autofocus, is a alltime fav kite vid but has lots of wakestyle..
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Terry is sending me his copy of the new Naish video, but it is a pretty extreme video and I don’t think it’s going to be good for what I need it for.

I have decided to go old school! While I like watching the new crazy stuff it’s not really for me. I need wave riding, board offs, Jesus walks, ect, ect. I think the only way to get that stuff is going back to 02-04 videos.

I just bought a few videos off ebay... Coming together, Power trip, Space monkeys, and Dream. And I currently have an older Real video, project cloud nine, Entropy, and something stronger.

I would like to find something with Adam Koch… but I think I probably have more than I need already!

If you have something supper old school that you want to sell, let me know!
Jon Stroh
bmr

Post by bmr »

Have kite, will travel.
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Jon, right on. yeah I gave terry that copy at the crossing.. its not that progressive("extreme" :wink: :P) and has alot of variety in it.
nice, old school is fun, I hear ya...there are some Wave specific vids out there, Waves are where its at and def not oldschool its just where its at. board offs r super duper cool 8) and Jesus walks are the future! nah man theres lots of footy out there thats recent with what u r lookin for......Check out Tom Herbert and Kevin Langree and Jeremie Tronet..or Stroh just buy some of the PKRA and all those events etc vids.. You have some good vids coming it sounds like! enjoy. Space Monkeys is sweet I had that for a while then lost it or gave it away along with the movie Awake and High :cry: :x :( and those were on vhs and were awesome! :D and Boost 1 & 2 but were kinda instructional vids.
bmr, I have one tv just for vhs vids still to watch all my old snow,skate,wake,kite vids ha! :oops: :D 8)

pretty sweet Wildcard entries this year for SSS http://www.realwatersports.com/news/201 ... d-entries/