SPI April people list

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jennb

Re: SPI April people list

Post by jennb »

I replaced my jeep finally and will be heading down on the 6th and returning sometime between the 15th and 18th. I'll have some room and would love to haul bags or boards in exchange for help with gas money. I'll also be taking pictures of course. :) Here are a couple of slideshows from the last 3 trips.

http://www.jennbarnett.com/spi
http://www.jennbarnett.com/spifall2010

Can't wait!
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

It's this one but 5'. Would you have room for it?!
http://www.the-house.com/wkob46alt10zz- ... =449958683

:x
ollie wrote:Katie
How big is the board?
Bev & I are passing through mpls. tue. 4-5, evening, and should have some room
left although not a lot. If interested call me.

Bryan Z 2184285368
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
ollie

Post by ollie »

Katie
Plenty of room for that at least, now to figure a pickup spot, maybe easiest on phone.

Bryan Z 218-428 5368
JRN

Post by JRN »

LOOKING FWD TO SEEING Y'ALL ON SPI!! We'll have to organize some nights out for dinner. I like fajita night at Louie's. I'll be down Apr. 8 to 18th. JRN
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I'm going down there on the 12th and returning on the 18th. I didn't get enough kiting at all last summer, so I'm looking forward to this trip.

Jenn: If you still have room, I'd like to put my Door on your Jeep. (The Spleene Door, that is -- not the kind that opens and closes.)
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
jennb

Post by jennb »

Hi Todd,

I have a station wagon now, but it has more room than my jeep (plus no duct tape holding it together and doors that all work!) and I do have room for the Door. I have to be back by the 18th now though so I'll be leaving SPI on the 16th.

Send me an email if that will work for you and I can meet you sometime tomorrow to pick it up.

jenn at jennbarnett dot com

Thanks!
Jenn
johnz

Post by johnz »

I'M SO JEALOUS OF ALL YOU BASTARDS!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a GREAT TIME down there and tip a few back for me!!!

May the stingrays, jellyfish, alligators, and sharks dive deep when they see you coming :P :P

I'll be in Vegas dressed like Herb Tarlech schlepping overpriced video gear... (now, where did I put my white belt and matching loafers?)
- z
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

April 11 thru 21st! See you there Scott!!!
scottman

Post by scottman »

I'm thinking this is going to be a great trip!!!! Can't wait to get down there and see some peeps again that I have not seen for a long time.If there is anyone down there right now can you give us an update as to how the weather has been?
rookie

Post by rookie »

The wind has been great all winter. this whole week looks like solid 20 to 28 from the south east.
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/south_padre_island
Yesterday morning everyone was on 7 to 9s until it shut off at about 2pm. then that north came through about 6pm, It was gusting up to 50! there was sand blowing across mainstreet!! about 6 guys hit the water with 5s and 6 meter c kites. It was fun just watching those guys. Hopefully it holds throu April!

If theres enough interest I could reserve some late dinner places for us to meet?
Gary ~
MK

Post by MK »

Good update Gary. We are nearing 60 degrees here, snow is melting fast and lake ice is getting thinner. It was a really nice long winter. Lots of snow, lots of wind, lots of kiting. We are fortunate to have both seasons of snowkiting and kitesurfing but I'm ready for the kitesurfing season and this trip.

Our gear leaves this evening and we will meet up with it on the island Thursday. I know of 4 others on their way today. The number of us Sotans down there will be picture worthy. I wonder if we can arrange one big photo... maybe next Tuesday at the bonfire??

If you end up spearheading a place for 40-50 of us to meet for dinner I don't think it will be hard to get us to go. In talking with Perry briefly yesterday we both chuckled over the good food on this trip.

See you in a few days:)
Kelcher

Post by Kelcher »

Wow! 50mph! :shock: :?

Ummm, I might have to pick up a solo line butterfly kite from "The Walmart". My smallest is a 10m... but where this is a will there's a way. I'm sooo excited to go down there, I have the shakes! This long anticipated trip has caused me to purchase a fair amount of gopro gear. So that will be fun!

Can't wait to see everyone!
Kelcher
Blaine, MN
Level = Rookie
KB Since = Jan 7th 2011
Equip = Slingshot Key HD
>-<0 =|==============D
scottman

Post by scottman »

Kelcher, when will you be donw there?
MK

Post by MK »

The gear left my driveway this evening in a trailer driven by Bryan Z and his wife and the positive emotions of the trip overcame me. Best wishes to their travel down as well as everyone else.

The bonfire on Tuesday 4/12 will be fun to get everyone together. I hope all can make it. Conversation, smiles and laughter around the glow after a day of kiting sounds too good to be true.

I'm hopeful the full moon coming on Sunday 4/17 will shed some good beams on us and keep the tide at bay.

I'll get more details out once we arrive.