Saturday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

efjanssen

Saturday

Post by efjanssen »

Saturday is looking pretty good. Where are folks thinking of heading? It would be fun to keep it local and head to Calhoun. Otherwise looking at the snow charts it looks like west of town got the most snow. Plus the wind forecast looks better west versus north. I was thinking Litchfield or Green Lake would work well. Can anyone report on conditions out that way? Any other thoughts?
Lloyd K

Re: Saturday

Post by Lloyd K »

Wayzata bay, at the beach around 11am.
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

Litchfield... When I left town Thurs there was 15-20 ft of open water around the edges of Ripley. A few fishermen are still walking on somewhere but not sure how they are doing it.
maybe if the ice shifts.
Peter
mjcarter

Post by mjcarter »

out on Waconia today. Wind was really variable and snow was rough, but we had a pretty good day. Surprised to not see anyone else out there on a nice saturday! Ice was thick, but creaking and cracking a LOT... kind of freaky!
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Snow is perfect on Ripley today with large kite. :) No water problems getting on lake. No one is driving on it though.
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
BUCKAROO

Post by BUCKAROO »

The Southsiders had a great day on Cannon today, there were four of us. We were flying two 14M T3s one 13M T3 and a Ozone 4.5M and had a blast. 90 % of the surface was covered with some form of snow and it was quite smooth. I could not believe more kiters were not out on such a beautiful day. I drilled a hole with a auger as I left 30 feet from shore and there was at least 18 to 24 inches of ice still there. We did have to walk on.

Craig
efjanssen

Post by efjanssen »

I ended up meeting up with Jay and Steve from Alexandria on Lake Osakis. What a beautiful day! Good snow coverage, steady winds at 12+, blue sky and warm temps. It doesn't get any better! Hopefully that is not it for the season. Jay and Steve were saying that they had their first water session last year on the first weekend of April. Two years ago we had our last snow session on Ottertail on the first weekend of April. That is MN weather for you.