SOUTH SIDE RIDERS

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

DAN B

SOUTH SIDE RIDERS

Post by DAN B »

I live in Owatonna,MN. Newbie to kiteboarding, have taken lessons from Mike, looking for fellow riders to buddy up. My job allows for flexible days off. Trying to get max winter rides in before the SPI trip this spring. If interested message here to arrange. Let's skip work and go boarding! THX db
Dan B
Wind Slave
pearcele

Re: SOUTH SIDE RIDERS

Post by pearcele »

Hi Dan,

I am a fairly new rider (started last June), and live in Burnsville.

Saturday is promising, and I have committed to working with my son on his 3M foil on down on Cannon Lake.
I was shooting to arrive there between 9 and 10am if you are in the area!

My email is leo-p@comcast.net
Shoot me an email if you are heading out!

See you out there! LEO
DAN B

Post by DAN B »

Hi Leo,

Saturday does look promising. I will have my snowmobiles along for some flexibility on locations. I have a two meter OP inflatable kite if you want to try it with your son. I'm going to get a second outting my SS Key HD 13 .

See Ya there

Dan
Dan B
Wind Slave
DAN B

Post by DAN B »

Any one riding Cannon Saturday? Hoping to get in an after noon session.
Dan B
Wind Slave
BUCKAROO

Post by BUCKAROO »

A friend and I will be down there but I have to work tomorrow morning so we wont make it down until about 12:30

Buckaroo
pearcele

Post by pearcele »

Hi Guys - I have obligations in the morning, too - so it looks like it is going to be a meet-up in the PM for all of us!

See you there!

LEO
xrdave

Post by xrdave »

There are a few of us kiting in Rochester, but limited options as to where to do it here. It would be nice to find some large fields between here and Owatanna.
I wonder how Rice Lake state park would be?
Dave
DAN B

Post by DAN B »

The public land around Rice Lake is tall grass with random small trees. There is a large parcel north of RL that would be great, rolling hills and pond no trees, grass land. Need to figure out ownership. Poss spot for next season. Will scout.
Dan B
Wind Slave
MK

Post by MK »

Leo and Dan, did you ride Cannon?
pearcele

Post by pearcele »

Hi Mike --> Dan, myself, and the the Eagan folks had a great get together at Cannon yesterday.

The winds were honkin' and even the all of the kids did really well on their trainers.
I'll post some photos later of my 10 year old using our 3M and pulling his sister on sled!

The surface was crispy, and had very little resistance.

I got out there at about 2:30p and the winds were just taperining into our range -- Craig said that earlier in the day he had tried his 9M and was so strong it snapped one of his lines (separate post).

I had to get out of there a bit early as the kids ran out of energy.

I want to thank Craig for offering his truck to help the kids stay warm and the group again for the *great* comaradarie!

Thanks again to all! LEO
MK

Post by MK »

Awesome. I'll watch for pics:) I'm falling behind with my 12 yr olds getting dialed in and I'm inspired now.

I saw Peter (Pepe) out with his son a few weeks ago. His son is around 5yrs was standing between Peter's feet on the snowboard with each arm hooked around a leg, laying back into him. Peter was going really slow with the kite and board speed and the smile on his sons face was priceless.