Great Day on Minnetonka

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jerlane

Great Day on Minnetonka

Post by jerlane »

Yesterday was awesome! I had a great time riding out from Sailor's World. Blue bird powder day, Minnesota style. It was also my first day back on a snowboard since my fisrt few days three years ago. After catching an edge a few times and getting my butt kicked, someone suggested I try skis. I switched to skis in order to help concentrate on flying the kite. It was a great suggestion, but now that I'm better at flying the kite, it felt great to be back on the board. Much more similar to riding on the water and a great way to practice transitions.

One of my best days ever! I just wish my legs didn't crap out so quickly. Can't wait to get back out there! I'm glad I heard about Sailor's World from folks on this board. That bay was really nice with next to no tracks.
markdbliss

Re: Great Day on Minnetonka

Post by markdbliss »

Where is "Sailors World" located on Minnetonka?
jerlane

Re: Great Day on Minnetonka

Post by jerlane »

It's a marina a few minutes west of wayazata off of CR 15 in Smith's Bay, just before the turnoff to go to fletcher's. You can google it. There is a small public access to drive out onto the ice just past the marina. I had to double back to hit it. I just rode in Smith's bay, but others were heading accross the lake and over to Kite Island.