CHANGING FORMAT OF COVER PAGE

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JRN

CHANGING FORMAT OF COVER PAGE

Post by JRN »

AS A COMPUTER CAVEMAN, I RELY ON YOU GEEKS FOR HELP: Does anyone know how I can eliminate the right hand border column, "Join our mailing list" area? It pops up when the site's cover page first appears. It is not there when looking at the various menus, but it blocks part of the screen when trying to see the weather graphs and forecasts. I know it isn't a big issue, just a little annoyance I'd like to correct. Thanks in advance! JRN
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Perry Pearson

Re: CHANGING FORMAT OF COVER PAGE

Post by Perry Pearson »

Hey Jim...
I have heard sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees. Anycase I do not want to be near tree's. I saw 1 small cedar today on a jaunt thru some snowy meadows, Post session we could not gauge the height of the next hill to attain accurately from our observation. I guessed 80 ft, Billy guessed higher and our guide guessed lower,what does it mean? We flew 11 frenzy/skis... 8 access/skis... 10 montana/board 14-18 mph SW
Perry Pearson

Post by Perry Pearson »

Hey Jim...
I have heard sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees. Anycase I do not want to be near tree's. I saw 1 small cedar today on a jaunt thru some snowy meadows, Post session we could not gauge the height of the next hill to attain accurately from our observation. I guessed 80 ft, Billy guessed higher and our guide guessed lower,what does it mean? We flew 11 frenzy/skis... 8 access/skis... 10 montana/board 14-18 mph SW :mrgreen:
Perry
bmr

Post by bmr »

JRN...try this for the "wind.html" page (I think this is the page where you want to remove it?):

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Minnesota source for kiteboarding | snowkiting | kitesurfing | windsurfing</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name="verify-v1" content="SL9QIZ8085KMPNenmFw/cm1DfDfQOW7glED42yZz5oM="/>
<meta name="description" content="Welcome the Minnesota's windsport resource. Whether your into windsurfing, kiting, snowkiting, kiteboarding, or kitesurfing Lakawa is your portal to keep you riding. We've got weather, gear, community forums, classifieds all free to you. Welcome...">
<meta name="Keywords" content="Windsurfing | Kiting | kiteboarding | kitesurfing | snowkiting | lessons | instruction | Minnesota | Minneapolis | Instruction | weather | snowkite lessons | Snowkite Kiteboarding Lessons | Minnesota kiteboarding | snow kiting | kite skiing | ice kiting | winter kiting | winter kiteboarding | kites | traction kites | .">
</head>

<frameset rows="80,*" cols="*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="/prinav.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>
<frameset rows="*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" bordercolor="#FFFFFF">
<frame src="/wind/windframe.html" name="mainFrame">
<!frame src="/mailchimp.html" name="rightFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>
</frameset>
</frameset>

</html>
Have kite, will travel.
MK

Post by MK »

Now that's speaking in code :lol:

Jim, consider adjusting the borders of your page. You can do that by placing your cursor on the border. It should change shape, then click and hold your click on it and drag, then let go of it where you want.

Does this come even close to being helpful?
bmr

Post by bmr »

Good one, Mike. Image We are all talking about a Lakawa page right... or am I sniffing a bucket of glue on this one? :shock:

(If it's the wind page you're after, try my revision out.)

Peas out,

~b
Have kite, will travel.
JRN

Post by JRN »

THANX ALOT EVERYONE. It will be springtime before I get through all those commands. I'll let you know how it comes out, unless it thaws by then. Perry, where are you guys finding all this terrain. Are you still in Iowa? Luckily I'm far-sighted and can see the trees, its the fine print I have trouble with. :?
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
bmr

Post by bmr »

:mrgreen: Just open the wind.html page in notepad or some basic text editing program (not MS Word)...select all text...delete...copy and paste the new code in and save.
Have kite, will travel.